13 PARTY IDEAS FOR PEOPLE IN THEIR MID-THIRTIES
1. Organise a chit fund with your neighbourhood friends. Each month, participants write down their biggest disappointments on a piece of paper.
When the pot grows big, draw a chit. The lucky winner gets to talk about their disappointment for one full hour.
Yay! You just started a Pity Party.
2. Plan a movie night with your better half. The last one to fall asleep wins a slice of sugar-free-dairy-free-gluten-free cake.
3. Play a game of charades. Instead of movie titles, you act out your anxieties.
4. Wish to attend a live concert after all these years?Head to the nearest gym, where you and your buddy headbang to sound of your cracking joints.
5. Take your Gen Z cousin to a new artisanal café in town. Confiscate their phone for the entirety of the brunch.
6. Play Snog-Marry-Kill. Players have to choose between their boss, their therapist and their landlord.
7. Invite your two friends for a slumber party. At 11 am. On a Monday.
8. Invent a board game that requires you to be horizontal at all times.
9. Spend an entire day with a couple who just became parents.
10. Go on an impromptu road trip. To Whole Foods.
11. Start a podcast with your bestie about who’s gotten what done. Call it: Filler In The Blank.
12. Ask your girlfriends how much they spend on skincare in a month. The lowest spender buys a round of wheatgrass shots!
13. Host a Victorian-style tea party. Swap corsets for Lululemon tank tops.